Saturday, September 29, 2012

SUPER MARIO BROS. BIRTHDAY(S)!

Zudi & Vi is where I normally just post blankets, however, I had time this evening and I have been wanting to share my daugther's Super Mario Bros. slash Princess Peach Birthday Party and all her cakes! She had about 3 Super Mario themed cakes in a row for a few years, but for her 5th birthday we finally did an all out Mario party with lots of friends! We rented out the local Marble Slab Creamery Party room, which came equip with a custom cake! You can see in the photos below, I have lots of Mario cakes, theirs is the white iced with pink writing. It was darling! (and yummy!) All the other cakes/cookies were made via a local "cake lady", come on! We all have those in our town, and they are hard to beat! The party was very simple, we played "Pin The Mustash On Mario", Egg Race, Dance A Thon, and Koopa Bean Bag Toss. I failed to get a good pic of the Koopa Bean Bag Toss, but I just drew out a Koopa on a white piece of posterboard and cut out holes to match a bean bag toss game. We gave out plastic gold coins for each time they played a game, and then they traded them in for goody bags and balloons at the end of the party. The baloons were found on ebay and we had the Mario cloud balloons, Princess Peach balloons and heart balloons. The goody bags were filled with Mario & Friends various iced cookies, chocolate wrapped gold coins, Princess Peach and Koopa Lip Balm (found online at amazon.com), Super Mario Temporary Tattoos (found at the local party store) and then fun little fillers, also purchased at the party store. The "Happy Birthday Banner" was made by me and a dear friend who used her Crikut machine to cut out the letters for me. I hand drew the Mario Flower Power. I purchased the giant cardboard Princess Peach for photo ops from an online party store. The Birthday Girl wore what I thought was the best part of the party...the DARLING dress I had custom made from the wonderful Etsy seller "BravaBoutique" It also has designs on the back. It is an upcycled Mario Tee Shirt and the pictures don't do it justice! It is darling! I topped it off with a Princess Peach-esque crown just for the birthday girl! The other princesses wore smaller crowns and the boys (and some girls! wore mustashes!) The party was a huge hit! I thought her 6th birthday would be a repeat, but she switched over to Batgirl this time! Pictures to come! Let me know if you have any questions or want some more details! We are a Mario-loving family and I would love to share! Let's A Go!















No comments:

Post a Comment